Thursday 16 July 2015

Update (16/07/15) - Tim Spriggs Interview, Future Articles & DVD Reviews

What's up, people? I haven't done one of these update posts in a while, so I thought I would quickly throw one together. 

Since I last did one of these, I have got myself a job, and juggling that with training and everything else has been a little difficult from a blogging perspective. That is why I haven't been as active over the last two months. 

However, I have recently made a conscious effort to turn that around and I have been hard at work writing lots of things and planning them for future posts. Here are a few of them:
  • Heel Hooks in BJJ
  • Whipping in BJJ
  • Is the Berimbolo Ruining Jiu-Jitsu?
  • Gui Mendes Tribute (due to his retirement)
  • A series on BJJ rivalries (a few examples below) 
    • Keenan vs. Miyao
    • Roger vs. Jacare
    • Roger vs. Xande
Some of them you may recognise, as I have brought them up previously, and they have been in the can for a while now. The Gui Mendes one may be a little out of date, but I still think it would be a cool idea to do a little tribute to him and feature some of my favourite matches from his career. 

The article titled, 'Is the Berimbolo Ruining Jiu-Jitsu?' is basically a follow up on an article I did back in March of 2014 about the 50/50. It would feature a similar concept, but obviously would be about the berimbolo, a technique which most people let’s just say are not happy with in the BJJ community. 

The BJJ rivalries are actually something I have been considering doing since I started blogging. I will cover all the matches from their rivalries and provide videos from each of them. That's actually a pretty cool idea because I can make it a weekly thing and not just simply a one off thing. 

Lately, I've also been watching a few instructional DVD's, so I might possibly do a few reviews on some of them. The new DVD from Michael Liera Jr. about the de la riva guard I must say I was very impressed by, so I may cover that in the up and coming weeks.

It has been confirmed that my next interview will be Team Lloyd Irvin beast, Tim Spriggs. So shortly, I will be writing questions so I can send them off to him. I'm really looking forward to this one because I have a lot of question which I am dying to ask him, so I think it's going to be very interesting. 

Also, I think I will start writing these update posts more regular because the more I write, regardless of what it is, the more I feel encouraged to write. So, expect some more update posts in the near future. 

That is really everything I have to say this time around. Before we draw to a close, I just want to say thank you for busybodies continued support with this blog, and especially for all the support on Mondays Match of the Week. It had over 2000 view in 18 hours, making it the second most popular match to date. Thanks!

Catch you later,

Giordano 

0 comments:

Post a Comment