Wednesday 5 November 2014

Update (05/11/14) - Polaris Jiu-Jitsu Invitational, Bear from Shoyoroll, Jordon Schultz, Jimmy Harbison, Meditation & More!

It's been a little while...

I took two weeks off from blogging just to recharge my batteries. I'll be honest and say for a few weeks before I took my break, blogging almost felt like a chore to me. I think when you feel like that about something you like; it’s time to take a week or two off. You know, I blog simply because it’s fun! And when it started to stop becoming fun, I knew I had to take a little break. 

I’ve never been the best with keeping promises on this blog, but towards the end I was really bad. Honestly, I was just not in the mood to write anything. When I started to take a week off, I got really paranoid that I wasn't writing anything and I right then I couldn't already wait to come back. I guess that was a clear indication that I love this! I'm more determined now to make great content and carry on this journey to 200K views.

Right, now that little speech is over, let’s get into the actual update post. 

The last thing I wrote on this blog was about the Paragon Jiu-Jitsu Invitational which is taking place in Cardiff, Wales. Well, a few things have changed since then. Firstly, it's not called Paragon anymore, but instead is called "Polaris". I assume they changed their name due to copyright issues regarding the name "Paragon" which is the same as the Jiu-Jitsu team. 

As of the now, some of the matches have been announced and two more are set to be added. Once the card is complete, I will do a review of the matches like I did for Metamoris 3 and 5. 

In regards to Saviour Tea and 10 Years of BJJ, I'm working on that and it should be published soon. I have a habit of making promises and never following them up, so I'm not going to make any. But I hope to get at least one of them done this weekend. 

There are two things which I haven't done in a while on this blog. They are interviews and articles. 

Previously, I mentioned two people who I would like to interview. They were Bear from Shoyoroll and Jordon Schultz. Actually, I've been in contact with both of them, and as of now, those interviews are not going to happening for the time being. Firstly, Bear said he would love to do it, but he is just too busy at the moment (as you can imagine!). Hopefully, we can do something together in the near future. 

What about Jordon Schultz? Well, this I never saw coming! But, Jordon Schultz has left BJJ and wants nothing to do with the sport, let alone the BJJ media. WOW! I must say I was totally shocked. I've been a fan of Jordon's for a few years now, and I love his style of Jiu-Jitsu, but I never thought he would leave the sport. He is a two time world champion, a black belt, and at one time was arguably the best brown belt in the world. We've been chatting a little bit, and we may be working on something together in the near future. It won't be an interview but it will definitely be something to look forward too. 

Well, since those two were shot down, I'll have to get thinking about who I want to interview next. I've been thinking about trying to get an interview with Jimmy Harbison. I'm a huge fan of his, and I think it would be a good interview but I'll see how things pan out. 

On the subject of articles, I love to do them, but they take a decent amount of work. I have mentioned a few times that I have many articles still in draft and I'm planning on publishing an article about meditation and BJJ. As some of you might know, I meditate every day and I would like to tell you about the effects it's had on my Jiu-Jitsu, as well as some other interesting things. I'm actually really looking forward to this, and it should be out within the next couple of weeks.

This next part has nothing to do with BJJ, but in a little over a week; I will be 20 years old. And as something personal to me, I would like to do some sort of reflection of my teenage years. It will only be a short post, probably no longer than this, but I would like to do it. 

I don't do this as much as should, but I would like to take this time to thank my sponsors Akuma Gear and Submission Sniper. Check them out guys! Big things are going to be happening with them soon.

That's all for this update post. I'll see you next week!

Catch you later,

Giordano

0 comments:

Post a Comment