Wednesday 15 October 2014

Update (15/10/14) - WJJE, 10 Years of BJJ, 2009 Welsh Open, Interviews & Gi-Soap

Last week didn't exactly go to plan...

As you might know, last week I promised two things, a review of the World Jiu-Jitsu Expo (WJJE) and the second part of my Saviour Tea review. Sadly, neither of them was published.

So, why? Well, the review of the WJJE was being written and I did a few of them but then looking at the card, I didn't feel that I could provide a decent write up due to me not knowing enough about some of the athletes. Obviously, some of them I could do easily but some not so well. Not like I did for Metamoris 5. Could have I botched something together and just published it? Yes, but I wouldn't have been happy with it. I have high standards, and if something isn't up to them, I don't publish it. I'm sorry if any of you looked forward to it, but in the future I plan to do lots more posts like this. 

As for Saviour Tea, as with most things, something comes up in my life and I don't have time to get it written. Although, it will be published this week, I will make sure of it. Even if nothing else is published this week, the second part of my review will be. 

Hopefully, I will have time to publish something else this weekend. What I have in mind is either an article, as I have tonnes still in draft or the next edition of 10 Years of BJJ. Looking at it, I think it will probably be 10 Years of BJJ simply for the reason that I haven't written one for so long and it will feel good to start writing that series again. The next part will be about the 2009 Welsh Open and my dreadful performance. This was probably the last time I was properly annihilated in competition. Lots of bad memories from that day. 

I'm trying to get some new interviews, and I'm hoping to get Bear from Shoyoroll as my next guest. I think this would be an interesting interview because most of my interviews have been with competitors, and this will be completely different as Bear is the head of one of the biggest Gi companies in Jiu-Jitsu. For now, it's just an idea and I have a few other people in mind that I'm planning on asking.

Not so long ago, I had a new sponsor and I might be close to getting another one. I'm in talks with Gi-Soap, and hopefully soon enough, we will reach a compromise and we can start a good working relationship together. At the moment, nothing is official but it seems it will be within the next week.

That's pretty much all I have to say for this week, but come back this weekend for new content.

Catch you later,

Giordano   

0 comments:

Post a Comment