Saturday 20 September 2014

Mission Accomplished - 100,000 Views!

Sorry, it's a little late! But, two weeks ago, my blog reached 100,000 views.

When I started blogging, my goal by the end of the first year was to reach 100,000 views, and if I stuck to it, I thought it might be possible. Fast forward eight months later and that is a reality. 

Initially, I didn't want to be a BJJ blog. I actually wanted to have no topic and I would just talk about whatever I pleased. I did that for about a month and I found it was really hard to market a blog like that and have a consistent audience. When I conducted my first interview with Seymour Yang, it got over 1000 views and that was ten times more than any other post I had on my blog at the time. At that point, I knew I had to stick with writing about BJJ.

On the subject of interviews, that is something I love to do. I see a lot of interviews on the internet and most of them I find are really short and not very detailed. Basically, when I interview somebody I want to ask them lots of interesting questions and try to stay away from the more cliché questions. Obviously, I'm not saying my interviews are better than anybody else's, but they are different and I think that makes me stand out. I've had lots of positive feedback from all of my interviews and I'm glad many of you enjoy them. 

It really is incredible how fast my blog has grown. For the first few months, everything was pretty slow and I was getting a decent amount of views, but nothing spectacular. Once I started writing a few articles and my "10 Years of BJJ" series, things started to take off nicely and from there the views have just been increasing by the week.

I hope to continue to write a few more articles soon, and continue with my "10 Years of BJJ" series.

I guess it's come to the point in this post where I should thank a bunch of people.

Okay, first up, I'd like to thank everybody who has viewed any of my content, shared it, and given feedback. It really does mean a lot that people all around the world read my blog and enjoy it.

Secondly, I'd like to thank the companies and groups who share my content. Those being Gi Soap, BJJ Eastern Europe, BJJ Addict, Montreal BJJ Scene, Want vs Need, BJJ Scout, GrappleTV, BJJ News and We Berimbolo. If I have missed anybody out I apologise, but you know who you are. 

I'd also like to thank everybody who has given me the opportunity to interview them. To date I have interviewed Seymour Yang, Michael Liera Jr, Mason Monsevais, AJ Agazarm, Budo Jake, Kit Dale and Edwin Najmi. Thank you guys for taking time out of your day to answer my questions. You are a big part in why blog continues to be successful.

Finally, I'd like to say a massive thank you to my sponsor Akuma Gear. I just want to say thank you for believing in me and I hope we have a great future working together.

So, what does the future hold? Well, I just want to continue with what I'm doing and keep creating fresh content. I want to start writing more articles and carry out more interviews. I'd also like to invest some money in making the blog better and working with a web designer to make it more professional.

In short, I want to keep improving and I hope you guys continue on this journey with me! Next stop 150K.


Catch you later,

Giordano

0 comments:

Post a Comment