Tuesday 8 July 2014

Update (08/07/14) - My 50th Post, Road to 100K, Blogging for Gracie Barra, Edwin Najmi, and A Review of Saviour Sports Tea

It’s been a pretty successful week!

Yesterday was my 50th post on my blog and it has been a journey to say the least. It took me a while to get noticed and to attract readers to my blog but I think over the last six months I have achieved quite a lot. I still have a lot more I want to achieve with this blog but my main goal was always to get 100,000 views in a year. Well, I'm a few hundred views short of 80,000 and I think I can get to 100,000 by September. My posts over the last week have attracted a lot of views, and I mean in the thousands. My ninth installment of my '10 Years of BJJ' series attracted over 1000 views in less than 12 hours. I would like to thank all my readers for making this possible! It means a lot. 

A few months ago I was approached by a woman claiming to be involved with the Gracie Barra website asking me if I would be interested in writing an article or two a month for their website. She said if I accepted the offer I would be put through to a selection process to choose who they want to write for the website. It was a little suspicious, so I checked her out. She did indeed train BJJ and was part of Gracie Barra but I don't know if she worked for them. If she did or not, I declined. 

Why? Well, I love blogging and I do it because I love to do it. I also have the freedom of talking about what I want to talk about and what I think I have enough knowledge on to talk about. I mean what would I write about for Gracie Barra? Techniques, nutrition, living the "BJJ lifestyle"? Realistically I don't feel confident in writing about any of that stuff, and if I don't feel confident in producing content it’s probably not going to come across very well. Don't get me wrong it would be great advertisement for my blog and most probably my views would go through the roof, but I don't think I'm capable of writing content for a website like that. 

I have no idea if this was even legitimate, but if it was I would like to say thanks for the offer and having faith in me to write for a large organisation. Maybe someday in the future I will feel confident enough in my own ability to write for you. 

Now that's out of the way, let’s get onto the topic of interviews. Kit Dale has received my questions and is working on them as we speak. I know I told you last week that I would expect them to be done by Thursday but he is a busy man and I'll just have to be patient. Although, I do have some good news! I have managed to get an interview with Edwin Najmi. If you don't know who Edwin is, I highly suggest you look him up. Edwin is the 2014 purple belt absolute world champion and after winning was promoted to brown belt by his professor, Romulo Barral. I am working on the questions and hope to send them off to him in the next couple of days.

I have also been lucky enough to be in touch with Ollie from Saviour Tea. They make a line of sports teas especially for athletes and he was kind enough to send me some sample to review. I've also bagged myself a short interview with him where he will explain the benefits of drinking such teas for BJJ. On top of all that, he has been kind enough to offer my readers a discount code if they would like to try some of his products. I will be getting my samples soon and hope to get a review and interview done ASAP!

That's all I have for you guys for this week. If you missed any of my last posts I will link them below.

Catch you later,

Giordano

The Berimbolo Kid's Match of the Week: Week 1, Week 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment