Wednesday 23 April 2014

Update (23/04/14) - 10 Years of BJJ, WPJJC 2014, Budo Jake, and Road to 100K!

A lot has happened in the last week...
 
Since my last update post I have uploaded one interview and three parts to my series '10 Years of BJJ - My Jiu-Jitsu Journey'. And I can thankfully say that everything has been a tremendous success! So, I know I always say how thankful I am to you guys, but I really am! Everybody who views my content, leaves comments on it, shares it on social media etc, really does help motivate me to carry on creating content for you guys.
 
Well, so far this week I have managed to upload three times in a row (including this one), and hopefully I can upload every single day this week. Now, I know I always say things and then never really follow them up, most probably due to other commitments, and articles sometimes take a long time to write. But writing for my series '10 Years of BJJ - My Jiu-Jitsu Journey', it is very easy to produce content for that very quickly when compared to an article, as I'm basically writing about my past, and that's really easy, as I have experienced it. The whole of the series can be found here.
 
However, I will look to write at least one article this week, and not just write for my series. I have a few ideas for some articles at the moment, but none I want to really discuss at this stage, as some of them I might discard. But, one I can definitely confirm is my review of the 2014 WPJJC, which happened last week in Abu Dhabi. Overall, I thought the event was spectacular! They made BJJ feel truly special, like it was up there with all other major sports. I think the UAEJJ are doing a tremendous job with their events, and hopefully in the future they will put on more events, not just an annual competition.
 
One major thing that happened last week was the publishing of my interview with the CEO of BudoVideos, Budo Jake. It was a great honour to interview Jake, as I have been a big fan of his work for a while now, and I had the opportunity to ask him a lot of questions which I really wanted to know the answers too. I can say the interview was a GREAT success; I have actually never seen traffic like it. The interview received over 1000 views in less than 24 hours, and that is a lot! As always, I would like to say thank you to everybody who viewed the interview, and a BIG thank you to Jake for giving me the opportunity to interview him.
 
Recently, my blog has been getting a lot more traffic than previously. These days I have been getting a minimum of 400 views a day which is quite overwhelming actually. I still remember in the early days where some days I wouldn't get any views, and thought it was a tremendous achievement if I had 50 views in a day. However, now on really big posts like interviews, I am getting at least 800 views a day! That is crazy to think. Last Thursday, I hit 15,000 views, fast-forward 6 days and I have just slightly over 17,500 views, and most likely going to hit 18,000 by the end of tomorrow.
 
Now, if I keep on averaging 3,000 views a week, by the time New Year comes around I would have accumulated 108,000 views. I always said when I started that I would like by the end of year one to achieve 100,000, and that at the start seemed nearly impossible. However, the support I have received whilst doing this blog as of late has been great, and I think I can at least achieve 100,000 views by the end of this year.
 
Hopefully, that will become a reality!
 
I hope you all stick with me on this journey.
 
Catch you all later,
 
Giordano

0 comments:

Post a Comment