Tuesday 11 March 2014

Thank You!

Isn't today the day you usually do the update posts?

Yeah, in fact that is correct, but I wanted to do a special appreciation post today for all the support I've had over the last 48 hours, so the update post will be moved to tomorrow.
 
Right anyway, so I can safely say quite a decent amount has happened in the last 48 hours. Now at this point your probably wondering what on earth I am talking about, as I haven't made any new published any new content since last Friday, but actually a lot has happened since Sunday evening, and by that I mean a massive influx of over 2500 views to my blog page in the matter of 24 hours, and now your probably wondering why? Well that's because I shared two of my first ever posts I made on this blog, and they were one about modern Jiu-Jitsu, and the other about Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
 
Now some of new readers have probably never seen these posts, actually I tell a lie, pretty much nobody actually did. And that's simply because when I started this blog I never shared any of my posts, and I kind of just hoped people would find me. Now looking back that's probably the stupidest thing I could have done because sharing my posts on Twitter, Facebook, Reddit etc, is a huge part of getting my content seen with the rest of the online community.
 
So anyway, I actually put a good amount of effort into these two posts in particular, as I really wanted people to notice my writings, and I wanted to "stand out" so to speak. So on Sunday both posts put together had probably no more than 50 views combined, and looking at that it kind of felt that all my efforts had been wasted, so I decided to post them on Reddit, as a few people might be interested in them, and also it will give them an opportunity to view maybe some of my more recent posts.
 
So I check back after 10 minutes of posting them, and both of them had over 50 views, which I thought was pretty good, and maybe if they could both get over 100 views that would be spectacular, but how wrong was I! Because in the next couple of hours they pretty much completely exploded and within two hours they both had almost 500 views a piece, which was completely MIND BLOWING! I'm not lying when I say I couldn't stop smiling all night, it was just totally crazy to me that how these posts had gone public almost two months ago and now people were going crazy for something I personally wrote, here on my computer in my bedroom, I tell you the feeling I had was spectacular. But then I thought it was all over, I thought that it would just plateau, and not make hardly any more progress, but I was wrong again! The number just wouldn't stop climbing, and within 24 hours they both totaled more than 2250 views, and I thank everybody who read both articles, all your support really motivates me to keep doing what I do, and I really do hope this blog can potentially one day be a major success.
 
The other 250 view came from people viewing my other posts which of course I am very thankful for as always. 
 
I'm proud of all the content I have put out on this blog, but these two especially as I personally wrote them, and now my article on modern Jiu-Jitsu is the most viewed post on my blog. 48 hours ago it had about around 30 views, now it has over 1200 views, which to some people may not really be that spectacular, but since I only being doing this 9 weeks and am relatively unknown, it's a huge milestone. Now in no way am I a professional journalist or writer, and sometimes I make spelling and grammar mistakes, and the layout may not be the best, but every post I make I give 110% percent and try to be the best I can ever possibly be. So I would like to thank all of you who have stayed with me on the journey, and I hope we can continue it together!

Oh, one last thing, if you are interested in reading both of these articles they can be found on the right under the popular posts heading, put you can also find them by clicking the links below:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Modern Jiu-Jitsu

Catch you later,

Giordano   

0 comments:

Post a Comment